Corn Pulao Recipe
Corn Pulao is an easy and delicious Rice dish which you can make for your everyday meals or for house parties. Serve it with A raita of your choice and roasted papad.
Corn Pulao is a simple and flavorful dish which is very easy to prepare. The herbs and spices make it a very aromatic dish, with the added goodness of corn.
If you like this recipe, here are some more Pulao Recipes that you can make for your everyday meals or pack for your Lunch Box:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cup Water
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger , paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic , paste
- 1 cup Sweet corn , boiled
- 6-7 Baby corn , sliced
- 1/4 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- Salt , taste
- 3-4 tablespoon Fresh cream
How to make Corn Pulao Recipe
To begin making the Corn Pulao Recipe, take rice cooker or sauce pan, add rice and water.
Then, add 1 tablespoon ghee, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, peppercorn, salt and boil till the rice is cooked fully. Drain if there is any excess water remaining after boiling. Keep the rice aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds to the oil and when cumin seeds start to splutter, add the onion and saute it till it turns golden brown.
Now, add ginger-garlic paste, boiled corn, baby corn and salt. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
Now, add the dry spices, start with cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
Mix it well and add tomato puree, cook it for another 2-3 minutes then add cream and turn off the flame.
Take a baking dish, layer the vegetables first and then the rice. Sprinkle one tablespoon ghee on top and fresh coriander.
Cover it with aluminium foil and keep it in a preheated oven at 180 degree for about 10 minutes. Once done, take it out and it is ready to be served.