Curry Fried Quinoa Rice Recipe
Curry Fried Quinoa Rice Recipe is a quick and healthy recipe which can be made with one-day old quinoa and brown rice. This recipe is a great combination of vegetables and quinoa and works great for kids lunch boxes too.
You can also try
- 2 cups Quinoa , cooked beforehand, cold or day old
- 1 cup Brown Rice , cooked beforehand, cold or day old
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , finely diced
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1/2 cup Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 cup Onions , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic , finely diced or crushed
- 2 Whole Eggs , whisked in a bowl
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar)
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper powder , to taste
How to make Curry Fried Quinoa Rice Recipe
To begin making Curry Fried Quinoa Rice Recipe, mix the cooked quinoa and brown rice in a bowl. Break down the lumps with your hands and mix it well. If required, grease your hands with a little vegetable oil. Set it aside.
Heat a little oil in a pan and swirl it around the pan to coat. Add the whisked egg and scramble vigorously to break it up into small bits. When the eggs, are cooked, transfer them to a plate.
In the same wok, add the remaining oil. Once it is warm, add garlic and curry leaves and saute it for 30 seconds. Add the onions and peppers in the wok and saute it for another 30 seconds.
After 30 seconds, add the remaining vegetables which are peas and carrots. Saute the vegetables on high heat for about a minute or two until they vegetables are half cooked.
Add the curry powder, soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the quinoa rice mixture and stir fry until well combined.
Lastly, Add the scrambled egg and combine. Turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving plate.