Dabeli Recipe - Pav Buns With Spicy Mashed Potatoes
Here is a delicious street food from Gujarat that you must try. Soft pav buns stuffed with flavoured potato mash and garlic chutney with a crunch of sev and a sweet tang from the pomegranate pearls makes this snack lip smacking delicious. Give the Dabeli a try for a weekend snack and you will surely love it.In association with Nutralite
Dabeli is India’s answer to the western burger that is popularly sold on the streets of Gujarat. The pav buns are stuffed with a sweet and spicy potato mixture topped with onions, pomegranate, and fresh Lehsun Chutney and Sev.
These Dabeli are cooked along with Nutralite Classic Spread and Nutralite Garlic And Oregano spread which is enriched with omega 3 and has 0% cholesterol.
If you like Indian Street Food Recipes, then you must some of our other favorites such as:
Ingredients for the Dabeli
- 8 Pav buns
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Lahsun Ki Chutney (Red Garlic Chutney)
- 1/2 cup Sev
- 1/2 cup Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 4 tablespoons Nutralite Garlic & Oregano Spread , for toasting the buns
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped Ingredients for Dabeli Filling
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds , roasted and powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) , roasted and powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 2 tablespoons Nutralite Classic Spread
- Salt , to taste
How to make Dabeli Recipe - Pav Buns With Spicy Mashed Potatoes
To begin making the Dabeli Recipe, first get all the ingredients prepped and ready.
The next step is to make the Dabeli Masala.
Heat Nutralite Classic spread in a skillet pan on medium heat; add the potatoes, red chilli powder, freshly crushed coriander seeds, cinnamon powder, cumin powder, asafoetida powder and Date Tamarind Chutney.
Mix well and sauté for a few of minutes until well combined. Keep aside. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
Slice the pav-buns into half horizontally. Spread Nutralite Garlic & Oregano Spread and toast them on the pan on both sides, until the surface is lightly golden and crisp. Turn off heat and take pav buns off the pan and place on a platter.
Spread a large dollop of the dabeli filling on the lower half of the buns; sprinkle the chopped onion, coriander leaves, Sev, and pomegranate on top of the filling.
Smear the Garlic Chutney on the top half of the bun. Place this top half of the bun on the lower filled half and serve.