Dadpe Pohe Recipe (Maharashtrian Poha)
Dadpe Pohe Recipe is a delicious Maharashtrian evening snack recipe made with flattened rice.
Dadpe Pohe Recipe is a delicious Maharashtrian evening snack recipe made with flattened rice. The poha or flattened rice is not cooked in this recipe, instead is mixed with raw onions, tomato, grated carrot and turns soft with the juices released from the veggies. The poha is then finished with a flavourful tadka with mustard seeds, asafoetida, peanuts and curry leaves. The thin variety of poha or flattened rice is used for this recipe. Dadpe Pohe Recipe is spicy, sweet and makes for a perfect evening snack served along with a cup of Hot Ginger Tea.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Poha recipes such as
- 2 cups Poha (Flattened rice) , thin variety
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/2 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sev , thin variety
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coconut , grated
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste Ingredients to make tadka
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Oil
How to make Dadpe Pohe Recipe (Maharashtrian Poha)
To begin making the Dadpe Pohe Recipe, dry roast the thin variety of poha or flattened rice and keep aside.
Save a teaspoon of chopped onions, tomato, grated carrot and grated coconut for the garnish later.
Now take a bowl, add the roasted poha, chopped onion, tomato, grated carrot, grated coconut, lemon juice, sugar and salt and mix well with the hands. Leave it to soak in the juices for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a small tadka pan, add the mustard seeds, asafoetida and let it crackle.
Add the curry leaves and let it splutter. Add the green chili, peanuts and saute until the peanuts are roasted well.
Add this tadka over the softened poha and mix well.
To serve, take a portion of the prepared Dadpe Pohe Recipe in a bowl or plate, garnish with the remaining chopped onion, tomato, grated carrot, grated coconut, coriander leaves, nylon sev.