Dhingri Dolma Recipe -Awadhi Style Mushroom Paneer Masala
Dhingri Dolma Recipe -Awadhi Style Mushroom Paneer Masala is a tasty curry made in mushrooms and paneer made in a tasty onion-tomato gravy. Serve with naan or steamed rice for a perfect lunch.
Dhingri Dolma is an Awadhi style masala curry made using mushrooms and paneer. A rich onion-tomato gravy is flavoured with spices to make this scrumptious side dish. Shahjeera adds a royal aroma to the gravy, you can add cumin if you do not have this on hand. As a variation you can also add blanched green peas to the curry if you like. Dhingri Dolma is a perfect accompaniment for naan, tandoori roti or chapatis and can be served during a weekday dinner or lunch.
Other recipes that you can try with mushrooms are:
- 200 grams Button mushrooms , cleaned and cut into quarters
- 100 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , half of it cubed and the rest crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Cashew nuts , ground into paste with a little water
- Salt , to taste
- Sugar , a pinch
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped for garnish
How to make Dhingri Dolma Recipe -Awadhi Style Mushroom Paneer Masala
To begin making Dhingri Dolma first heat ghee in a pan.
Add the shahjeera and once it sizzles, add the ginger-garlic paste and onion.
Saute till the onion slightly turns brown.
Add the tomatoes and cook till they turn soft.
Add all the spices and mix well.
Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes till they sweat.
Add paneer cubes as well as the crumbled paneer.
Add salt and sugar.
Add cashew nut paste and add some water to make a thick gravy.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, check the salt and spices and adjust accordingly. Once done turn off the heat and serve.