Dry Chole Recipe (Dry Masala Chickpeas)
This Dry Chole is the simple recipe without onion and garlic. It has some taste of ginger paste and some dry spices. You can enjoy this Dry Chole with Puri or with Paratha. It is healthy and very easy to make.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Chickpea recipes such as
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight and boiled
- Cooking oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 2 teaspoon Chana Masala Powder
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- Salt , to taste
How to make Dry Chole Recipe (Dry Masala Chickpeas)
To begin making the Dry Chole recipe, cook the Chole Chana in a pressure cooker with salt for 3 whistles until they are soft. Drain and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a wok/kadai, add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add ginger paste and cook for seconds.
Add the chole masala, chilli powder, amchur, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and salt and saute for another seconds.
Add the chana and mix well. Cook for another minute. Switch off the gas and add chopped coriander leaves. Garnish with some ginger julienne.