Egg Shoap Recipe | Assamese Appetizer
Monsoon snack with whole eggs
Egg Shoap recipe is a famous Assamese Appetizer. Deep fried cutlets made with boiled eggs and potatoes flavored with Indian spices is a great tea time snack option and even makes an amazing party snack recipe for kids. Serve Egg Shoap Recipe | Assamese Appetizer with roasted tomato sauce during evening.
Here are a few more Assamese recipes that you could also try
- Chak-Hao Amubi Recipe (Black Rice Pudding)
- Masala Chai Kulfi Recipe
- Assamese Bilahir Tok Recipe
- Assamese Poita Bhat With Aloo Pitika Recipe
- 4 Whole Eggs , boiled
- 3 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled & mashed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 Whole Eggs , beaten
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- Sunflower Oil , for deep frying
How to make Egg Shoap Recipe | Assamese Appetizer
To prepare Egg Shoap Recipe | Assamese Appetizer, in a large mixing bowl, add potatoes and boiled eggs and mash them well together.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok and add onions and green chilies. Saute till translucent in color.
Season with salt, turmeric and cumin powder and fry for another 2 minutes.
Add the fried onion mix into mashed potato and egg and mix well such that the flavors incorporates well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
Shape the egg and potato mix into round or oval cutlets.
Dip them in beaten egg and roll over bread crumbs.
Deep fry the cutlets till golden in color.
Serve Egg Shoap Recipe | Assamese Appetizer hot with roasted tomato sauce during cooler evening.