Eggplant Steaks Recipe
Loaded steaks of eggplant in yummy blend of spices
Grilled eggplant is topped with Chickpeas, roasted Bell Peppers, Feta Cheese and herbs to make the eggplant steak. The fancy ‘steaks’ are sure to lure even those who are not very fond of eggplants. You can use thick Italian eggplants or the slender Japanese variety. The quick mix barbeque like sauce spices up the steaks. You can adjust the proportion of the ingredients to your taste.
Here are few more world recipes that you could love
Note: You can either fire roast whole bell peppers or slice and roast them in the oven.
- 2 Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) , sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight & cooked till tender
- 1 Red Yellow or Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese , crumbled
- Parsley leaves , a handful
- Salt , to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Black pepper powder , freshly crushed
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Eggplant Steaks Recipe
To begin making the Eggplant steaks first Rub the eggplant with salt and pepper and keep in a colander for 15-20 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients under ‘For the sauce’ in a small mixing bowl
Heat a grill pan and drizzle some oil on it.
Place the Eggplant slices on it and grill on both sides till it becomes soft.
Brush the eggplant slices with some sauce.
Place the slices on a serving plate.
Top with the chickpeas and bell pepper.
Drizzle some sauce over it.
Top with feta cheese and garnish with parsley leaves.