Goli baje Recipe (Mangalorean Vada Recipe)
Goli Baje is a Mangalorean Vada recipe which needs 2-4 hours of fermentation of batter, but the wait is totally worth it. This Karnataka coastal recipe can be planned in the morning to have it in the snack time. Goli baje is soft from inside and crisp from outside. This Goli Baje recipe is eaten during tea-time, served with chutney like Dhaniya Pudina Chutney or Kadale Chutney.
If you like this recipe, look into more of our similar recipes
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Rice flour
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dry coconut (kopra) , few small pieces
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Cooking oil , for deep frying
How to make Goli baje Recipe (Mangalorean Vada Recipe)
To make Goli Baje, firstly mix all-purpose flour, chickpea flour, rice flour, yogurt, salt and sufficient water and make a thick batter.
Cover it and keep aside for fermentation up to 2 to 4 hours.
Now add grated ginger, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, baking powder, coconut, and asafoetida. Mix well.
Heat oil in a Kadai.
Now wet your hands and take a small portion (lemon size) of the prepared batter and drop it into the oil. You can fry 4-5 goli baje at a time. Do not overcrowd the oil in kadai.
Fry on a medium flame until they turn golden brown in colour.