Green Peas Nimona Recipe
Green Peas Nimona is a traditional side dish recipe of North India. It is generally made in winters because peas is easily available in the market. This dish is famous in Lucknow and Kanpur and is an amazing recipe if you want to try something different with peas.
- 250 grams Green peas (Matar)
- 1 cup Badi (wadi) , urad dal vadi
- 2 tablespoon Onion , paste
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- Salt , to taste
- 2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 + 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , for garnishing
How to make Green Peas Nimona Recipe
To begin with Green Peas Nimona, coarsely grind the peas in a blender using a little water and keep it aside.
Heat the ghee in a pan and saute 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger and green chillies. Add peas in the pan and let it cook on a low flame till the puree becomes lightly golden. Once it is done, switch off the heat.
Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in an another pan and golden fry the dal vadis,
Heat the remaining oil in a broth pan and add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, clove and cook it for about a minute. Add ginger, garlic paste and onion paste, saute it on medium flame till the paste becomes golden.
Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and coriander powder. Mix everything well and cook the spices for 2-3 minutes.
Once it is done, add tomatoes and cook it until the oil separates from the gravy.
Once the oil separates from the gravy, add green fried peas puree, vadis and stir for 2-3 minutes till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
Add 1-1/2 cup water and let it cook or 5 to 8 minutes. After 5-8 minutes, switch off the gas and sprinkle the garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.