Hariyali Pav Bhaji Recipe
Hariyali Pav Bhaji is a variation of the traditional pav bhaji made using green leafy veggies like spinach, peas and bottle gourd. It is easy to make and very nutritious. Serve hariyali pav bhaji hot with pav or bread and enjoy with your family.
We usually make the normal pav bhaji by using the vegetables and spicing it with Pav Bhaji Masala. Here, lets give a twist to the usual pav bhaji by adding some greens in it. Try this one and impress your friends and family with this healthier version.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes such as
- Pav buns , as required
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped (adjustable)
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled
- 1/2 Bottle gourd (lauki) , boiled and pureed
- 1/2 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , pureed
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Pav bhaji masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- Butter , as required
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Hariyali Pav Bhaji Recipe
To begin making the Hariyali Pav bhaji recipe, firstly heat oil in a wok/kadhai.
Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and green chillies.
Once it is done, add ginger garlic paste and cook for about 15 seconds. Next, add the onions and let it cook till they become soft and transparent.
Now add the potatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. After 2 to 3 minutes, add tomatoes, cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
Now add the bottle gourd puree, mashed potato and green peas. Add some water and mash it using a masher.
Let it cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add all the masalas including salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and pav bhaji masala.
Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the spinach puree and the coriander paste. Let it cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
The next step is to roast the buns. Heat a little butter on a flat pan, sprinkle some pav bhaji masala and chopped coriander leaves.
Now but the pav from between and keep on the same pan and roast from both the sides.
Once it is cooked properly, add butter on top and serve hot with pav bhaji buns.
Serve Hariyali Pav Bhaji with Masala Chaas for a perfect weekday meal.