Healthy Brown Rice Salad Recipe
A refreshing salad made with healthy ingredients that will fill you up with great nutrients.
Brown Rice Salad has a good measure of all things healthy like brown rice, fruit, veggies, nuts with a right balance of flavours. It is perfect for the days when you want to eat something healthy yet delicious.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other salad recipes such as
- Carrot Ribbon Salad With Asian Sesame Dressing
- Smoked Tofu and Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Savory Melon Salad
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice , cooked
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into strips
- 1/4 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into strips
- 1/2 Carrot (Gajjar) , cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn , steamed
- 5 to 6 Strawberries , quartered
- 2 tablespoons Cranberries
- 1/4 Onion , sliced
- 2 tablespoons Badam (Almond) , toasted and sliced
- 50 grams Feta Cheese , crumbled For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder , Freshly cracked
How to make Healthy Brown Rice Salad Recipe
To begin making the Brown Rice Salad recipe, first layer the salad leaves on a plate.
Next, spread the brown rice (that is cooked in the pressure cooker for 2 whistle in a pressure cooker) and then evenly distribute the remaining ingredients onto the plate.
Finally sprinkle the almonds and cranberries. Crumble the feta over the salad.
Refrigerate the salad until needed. (optional) Whisk all the ingredients mentioned under ‘For the dressing’ in a small bowl.
Mix it properly and spoon the dressing on the salad just before serving.
Stories of a Mindful Mouth! Gauravi Vinay is a finance graduate and an ex stock broker now a full time mum. She loves travelling and learning about new cultures. She derives massive inspiration to cook from her mum and grandma who are amazing cooks as well. In addition to her love for cooking, she has a huge interest in nutrition and aspires to go in that direction someday. Lastly she loves to experiment with healthy and local ingredients and make plant based food fun and exciting.