Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe
A healthy salad made with couscous along with a variety of nuts and vegetables, making it a complete one-dish meal in itself.
Couscous is nothing but many tiny granules made from steamed and dried durum wheat. Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe is a healthy salad made with couscous along with a variety of nuts and vegetables, making it a complete one-dish meal in itself. Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe is a great party food recipe as well.
Couscous has become a popular alternative to rice and pasta. It has a light fluffy texture which readily soaks up the flavours of other ingredients.
- 1-1/2 cups Couscous , Israeli
- 2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried Figs , sliced
- 1/2 cup Apricots , drieds, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup Pistachios , roasted, finely chopped
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest (Rind) For dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice , freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
How to make Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe
To begin making Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe, place a saucepan on medium heat. Add 2 cup water to it and bring it to boil. Add turmeric powder to it and keep it boiling.
Meanwhile place a pan on medium heat. Add couscous and dry roast the couscous until golden brown.
Once done add the couscous to the boiling water pan and mix well. Let the couscous simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed and the couscous is well cooked. Turn off the heat. Cover the pan and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, using a fork, fluff the couscous evenly to ensure there are no lumps.
To prepare the dressing for the salad, In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients under 'for dressing' like cumin powder, coriander powder, lemon juice fresh orange juice, ginger, honey, olive oil and lemon zest . Mix well to combine.
Transfer the cooked couscous to a salad mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients under'for salad' to the couscous. Toss all the ingredients and give the salad a good mix. Drizzle the salad dressing over it and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serve Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe with some warm soup like Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup Recipe, Lemongrass Tomato Corn Soup Recipe for a healthy weeknight dinner or lunch. Israeli Couscous Salad Recipe is a great party food recipe as well.