Kadai Vegetable Sabzi Recipe (Mixed Vegetable Saute with Spices)
The Kadai Vegetable Sabzi Recipe is a quick and easy sabzi to make that has the goodness of a variety of vegetables adding colour, taste and nutrition to your weeknight dinner. This recipe I have steamed the vegetables a little but before tossing them on the kadai to make the sabzi. By doing this, we preserve nutrition and also helps in the faster cooking process.
Serve the Kadai Vegetable Sabzi Recipe along with Hot Phulkas to enjoy a wholesome meal.
If you are looking for more Indian Subzi here are some:
- 200 grams Cauliflower (gobi) , small florets steamed
- 2 Carrots (Gajjar) , diced or sliced, steamed
- 100 grams Green beans (French Beans) , cut into 1 inch pieces, steamed
- 1 Onion , diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 3 cloves Garlic , grated
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree , or 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- Sunflower Oil , for cooking
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt , to taste
How to make Kadai Vegetable Sabzi Recipe (Mixed Vegetable Saute with Spices)
To begin making the Kadai Vegetable Sabzi, we will first steam all the vegetables (carrots, beans and cauliflower). You can use a steamer or a pressure cooker to steam your vegetables. See the video recipe of how to steam vegetables in a pressure cooker. If using a pressure cooker, you just have to add 3 tablespoons of water and not more.
Next once the vegetables are steamed, keep them aside.
Next in a large kadai or a wok or a heavy bottomed pan; add in a tablespoon of oil. Add in the grated ginger, garlic, onions and capsicum. Stir fry on medium high heat until the onions and capsicum have become lightly lender but are still a little crisp.
Once the onions and capsicum have reached the texture that you desire; add in the tomato puree and the masalas (coriander, turmeric, cardamom, garam masala and red chilli powder)
Saute all the ingredient and wait for the tomatoes to come to a quick boil. After which add in the steamed vegetables, check the salt and spice levels and give all the ingredients a stir.
Finally add in the dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi). Cover the pan, turn the heat to low and simmer the Kadai Vegetable Sabzi for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and trasfter the kadai sabzi to a serving platter.
Serve the Kadai Vegetable Sabzi along with Phulka's for a quick weeknight dinner.