Kara Sevai Recipe (Lemon Vermicelli)
Kara Sevai is a very easy and tasty recipe to eat in breakfast or for light dinner. You can also pack it in your or your kids lunch box. This recipe is made without the use of onion and garlic.
Pack Lemon Sevai along with Burani Raita or Tomato Onion Cucumber raita for your Lunch box.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Sevai recipes such as
- 2 cups Semiya (Vermicelli) , cooked
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coconut , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped For making paste
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu) To temper
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1 tablespoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- sprig Curry leaves , A sprig of curry leaves
How to make Kara Sevai Recipe (Lemon Vermicelli)
To begin making the Kara Sevai, firstly make a coarse paste of coconut, green chillies & mustard in a grinder. Do not add water while grinding.
Heat oil in a wok/ kadai & temper it with the ingredients that are listed under ‘to temper’ table.
When the dal & peanuts turns golden brown, add in the turmeric powder & asafoetida. Saute this for a second & add in the ground paste.
Roughly saute them & add in the sevai, salt & sugar. Mix them well. Let them cook them in low flame for 2 mins.
When done, add in coconut oil, coconut, lemon juice & coriander leaves. Mix everything properly and serve hot.
Pack Kara Sevai along with Burani Raita or Tomato Onion Cucumber raita for your Lunch box.