Karela Dahi Puri Recipe - A Chatpata Chaat Made From Bitter Gourd
Karela Dahi Puri Recipe is a chat with a twist made with pan fried karela and topped with chutney and sev - making it a healthy tea time snack. Serve it with a cup of masala tea.
Karela Dahi Puri Recipe is a wonderful twist to the karela bhaji's that we make at home. We have innovated this chat with karelas/bitter gourd instead of tikkis that we deep fry that are made with spiced flour. This recipe will be loved by those who distaste karela due to their bitterness too.
Here are more Chaat Party Recipes that you can make for your everyday meals:
- 4 Karela (Bitter Gourd/ Pavakkai) , sliced into rounds
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder , (adjust)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak) , (adjust to taste)
- Oil , as needed To assemble Karela Dahi Puri
- 1/4 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 1/2 cup Sev
- 1/4 cup Aloo Bhujia , (optional)
- Dates , few, chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , small bunch, finely chopped
How to make Karela Dahi Puri Recipe - A Chatpata Chaat Made From Bitter Gourd
To begin making Karela Dahi Puri Recipe, heat about 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add all the sliced bitter gourd in it and boil for about 2 minutes or until semi cooked.
Strain the karela slices out of water and keep aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the gram flour, red chili powder, black salt, coriander powder and asafoetida.
Toss the bitter gourd slices into this mixture. Sprinkle some water if needed and mix till it is coated well.
Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying and fry the spiced bitter gourd in batches until done and crisp.
Whisk the yogurt along with chaat masala powder and keep aside.
Arrange the pan fried karela slices in a plate.
Drizzle the spiced chatpata yogurt, tamarind chutney on each slice. Spread bhujia & sev, dates and garnish with chopped coriander and serve.