Kurkuri Bhindi With Spicy Tomato Yogurt Gravy Recipe
Kurkuri Bhindi With Spicy Tomato Yogurt Gravy is a lip smacking side dish which can be served with any dal or kadhi for a wholesome meal. It is spicy, tangy and the crispy bhindi in it adds to the taste and flavour.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Vegetable gravy recipes such as
For crispy bhindi
- 250 grams Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra)
- Oil , for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- Salt , as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tablespoon Water For the gravy
- Oil , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 to 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , whisked
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi With Spicy Tomato Yogurt Gravy Recipe
To begin making the Kurkuri Bhindi With Spicy Tomato Yogurt Gravy, firstly we will make the crispy bhindi.
Wash the bhindi, make a cut, take out the seeds and then thinly slice all of the bhindis.
Take a mixing bowl, add the bhindi and all the ingredients mentioned under ‘for the crispy bhindi’.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan, and deep fry the bhindi till they become crisp. Take them out on a absorbent paper to absorb the excess oil.
Once done, keep them aside.
Next heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and ginger garlic paste.
After 30 seconds, add the green chillies and onions. Cook till the onions becomes soft and translucent.
Next, add the tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes or till the tomatoes gets mushy.
Add all the dry masalas including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder.
Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes and then add curd in it. Stir continuously for about a minute. Add water if required.
Let it cook for about 5 minutes more and when it is cooked properly, add the chopped coriander leaves.