Lal Bhoplyacha Bharit Recipe (Red Pumpkin Raita)
Lal Bhoplyache Bharit is a Maharashtrian side dish made by mixing steamed red pumpkin, curd, crushed groundnuts and is then tempered with flavourful spices. The recipe is very quick and uses simple day-to-day ingredients. This appetising raita is a great side dish even if you are fasting and is sure to win over even those who do not like pumpkin.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Maharashtrian recipes such as
- 250 grams Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin) , peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt) , whisked (adjust)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil , (or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Groundnut powder , roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt , Salt to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few, chopped for garnish (optional)
How to make Lal Bhoplyacha Bharit Recipe (Red Pumpkin Raita)
To begin making the Lal Bhoplyacha Bharit, steam or microwave the pumpkin till soft. Drain any excess water from it.
Roughly mash the pumpkin pieces, leaving some chunks. Cool it down.
Add curd, salt, sugar, groundnut powder and mix everything well.
In a tadka pan, heat ghee. Add the cumin seeds, hing and green chillies. Pour this tempering over the raita, mix and serve.