Lebanese Fattoush Salad Recipe
Here is a Classic Lebanese salad recipe you must try along with a Hummus, Falafel and Pita bread for dinner. The meal will be wholesome and delicious.
The Lebanese Fattoush Salad is a classic Mediterranean bread and mixed vegetable salad. This salad has toasted pita bread wedges along with mixed greens and crispy vegetables. Greens, herbs and vegetables can vary according to seasonal availability.
Other recipes that you can try are:
- 2 Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , roughly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic , grated
- 1 Iceberg lettuce , small bunch, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup Parsley leaves , finely chopped
- 2 Tomato , cut into chunks
- 1 Cucumber , peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Mooli/ Mullangi (Radish) , sliced
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 100 gram Feta Cheese , crumbled (optional) Ingredients for the salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
How to make Lebanese Fattoush Salad Recipe
To start making Lebanese Fattoush Salad, first cut the pita bread into small wedges. In a medium bowl, toss the pita wedges with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper as per taste.
Heat the grill pan over medium heat. Spread out the pita wedges on the grill pan and grill pita wedges till crisp on both sides. Turn off the heat. Remove from the pan and keep aside until required.
In a salad bowl add the chopped green onions, lettuce, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, bell pepper. Toss to combine. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.
To make the dressing, combine the remaining olive oil, grated garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, thyme, chili powder in a bowl or jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake the jar to combine the dressing ingredients or whisk until combined well. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently toss the vegetables in the dressing. Add the toasted pita wedges to the salad. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the salad.
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.