Maharastrian Style Bharli Bhindi Recipe - Stuffed Bhindi With Coconut
Ladies finger loaded with spicy coconut stuffing filled with Maharashtrian spices and cooked on a griddle till it is soft and crispy. It is an easy recipe that can be packed in your Lunch Box too.
Maharashtrian Style Bharli Bhindi Recipe is a simple stuffed ladies finger with freshly ground Goda masala spices along with fresh coconut and coriander. The ladies finger is stuffed with this mixture and then sautéed on a flat tawa till it is soft and cooked. You can also pack it in your Lunch Box along with a Tawa Paratha.
If you are looking for more Ladies Finger Recipes, here are some that you can make for your everyday meals:
- 500 grams Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra)
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi) For the Stuffing Ingredients to grind
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 8 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli Other ingredients for the stuffing
- 4 tablespoon Fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon Maharashtrian Goda Masala , or garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
How to make Maharastrian Style Bharli Bhindi Recipe - Stuffed Bhindi With Coconut
To begin making the Maharastrian Style Bharli Bhindi Recipe, wash the ladies finger and slit them in the middle, cut off the top head of the ladies finger and keep it aside.
For the stuffing, grind the ingredients for the masala which includes roasted peanuts, green chili, cloves, coriander leaves in a mixer to a coarse paste.
Combine this paste with the rest of the other ingredients like the coconut, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, goda masala (Garam masala), lemon juice and sugar. Check for salt and mix well.
Start stuffing the ladies finger with this filling and keep aside the left over stuffing for later use.
Heat a sauce pan, add oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter for 2 seconds.
Once it splutters, add the turmeric powder and stuffed bhindis.
Saute well, and cover them for 2 minutes. Open the lid and sprinkle some salt and water and add the remaining stuffing and saute them for 2 more minutes. Cover and cook at low heat for 2 more minutes till the Bhindis are soft and properly cooked.