Paneer Matar Keema Recipe
Paneer Matar Keema, a simple everyday dish that is made with green peas, paneer and potato. Perfect for your everyday meals, as it is simple to make and required everyday ingredients.
Paneer Matar Keema Recipe is one of those recipes which can be cooked during house parties or you have guest at your home for lunch or dinner. It is a gravy side dish made with green peas, tomato, paneer and potato cooked with spices.
If you like this recipe, take a look at more Green Peas Recipe that you can make for your everyday meals:
- 1 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled and slightly mashed
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , crumbled
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- Salt , to taste
- Water , as required
How to make Paneer Matar Keema Recipe
To begin making the Paneer Matar Keema Recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida and let it splutter.
Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the finely chopped onions. Cook them till they turn soft and translucent.
Once the onions are soft, add the ginger garlic paste and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes add the finely chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
Cover with lid and let it cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Next, add the spices including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
Now add the mashed potato, crumbled paneer and 1/4 cup of water. Mix everything properly and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
After 6 to 8 minutes, add the boiled green peas, mix well, cover the pan and let the Green Peas Gravy With Vegetables cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Once it is done, garnish Matar Keema recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.