Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
Microwave Mug Cake Recipe is a quick-fix, instant dessert option for those days when a sugar craving strikes, or when your child demands a dessert unexpectedly. This cake comes together in no time, doesn't require an oven to be preheated, and doesn't make you wait for the baking an cooling process either! Just mix the ingredients into a microwave-safe mug and cook it for a minute, and the cake is ready.
Serve Microwave Mug Cake as a post-school or tea-time snack on special days. You can also add a scoop of ice cream and some Chocolate Sauce or Ganache to make it even more indulgent.
If you are looking for more quick recipes:
Note : 250 ml Mug Cake (Small)
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Chocolate chips , (optional)
- 4 teaspoons Walnuts , crushed
- 1 tablespoon Jam
How to make Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
To begin making the Microwave Mug Cake Recipe, first mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl and set it aside. If using, add the choco chips as well as walnuts add at this stage. Mix well, once again.
Next, add the milk, fruit jam and oil to a mixing bowl and stir it well till into the other mixture till no lumps remain.
Now, take a microwave-safe mug and pour the mixture into them.
Next, place the mug in the center of the microwave and cook it on high for 1 minute each, and again for 10 seconds if required.
Once cooked, take the mug out of the microwave and allow it rest for a minute. Microwave Mug Cake is ready.
You can serve the Microwave Mug Cake to children as an instant, quick-fix dessert. Add a scoop of ice cream and some Chocolate Sauce or Ganache to make the Mug Cake even more indulgent.
- You can add any fruit jam or marmalade of your choice to flavor the microwave cake. You can also use Nutella to enhance the flavor of chocolate and add a touch of hazelnut.
- Addition of nuts and choco-chips is optional.
- Cooking time may vary slightly depending with each microwave. Cook the cake on high for 45 seconds and bursts of 10 seconds after that until it is cooked.
Maayeka" means a mother's home. I am Anjana Chaturvedi, and I share on this blog traditional vegetarian and vegan recipes from India, that have been handed down to me from my mother, aunts, and grandmothers. All of these recipes are "Sattvic" - cooked without using any onions or garlics - which are known as "taamsic" or negative ingredients in Ayurveda