Mixed Beans Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Mixed Bean Vegetable Pulao, an easy and delectable pulao recipe which you can make for your weeknight dinners. It is very nutritious and we are sure your kids will love it too.
Mixed Bean Vegetable Pulao recipe is made with the combination of kidney beans, double beans and mixed vegetables. You can even pack this a protein rich wonderful one pot meal Mixed Bean Veg Pulao in lunch box.
You can also try other Pulao Recipes, which you can serve for your everyday meals:
- 1 cup Rice , washed and soaked for 10 min
- 1/4 cup Rajma (Large Kidney Beans) , washed and soaked overnight
- 1/8 cup Double Beans , washed and soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Potato (Aloo) , peeled and chopped
- Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and chopped
- Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/8 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Onion , sliced finely
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Salt , as required
- Sunflower Oil , as required
How to make Mixed Beans Vegetable Pulao Recipe
To begin making the Mixed Beans Vegetable Pulao recipe, pressure cook the rajma in a cooker and double beans with enough water until soft. (Take care not to turn them mushy). Wait till pressure settles. Drain excess water and set it aside.
In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and to it add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick.
When the spices start to leave their aroma, add sliced onions. Fry till translucent. Now add ginger-garlic paste. Fry for another minute and add boiled rajma and double beans. Saute for a minute or two.
After a minute or two, add chopped potato, carrot, green beans, green chilies, garam masala and turmeric powder. Saute for two minutes.
Add 4 cups of water to this along with salt. Let it come to boil. Now add rice (by draining the water, in which rice was getting soaked). Gently stir and cook covered on low flame till rice is completely cooked.
Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves before serving.