Navratan Korma Recipe
Navratan Korma, refers to ‘nine gems’ which could be the combination of either 9 vegetables or a mixed combo of dry fruits and vegetables. I have used 5 vegetables and 4 dry fruits in the recipe. This is a rich, filling and nutritious curry made without cream. Coconut milk can be replaced by milk and cream.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other recipes such as
- 5 Cashew nuts
- 5 Badam (Almond)
- 1 tablespoon Melon seeds For korma
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1-1/2 cup Mixed vegetables , (potato, green peas, green capsicum, beans, carrot)
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Ghee , or oil For garnishing
- 2-3 tablespoons Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder) , Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
How to make Navratan Korma Recipe
To begin with Navratan Korma, soak cashew, almond and melon seeds in water for 30 minutes to prepare a paste. Drain the water completely.
Peel off the almond skin and blend all in a mixer to smooth paste adding a little water. Keep it aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons ghee or oil in a pan or a kadhai. Add chopped onions and saute a while. Next, add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
Add tomato and give a stir. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well everything. Add ground paste and 1/4 cup water.
Cook it uncovered for 2 mins and add mixed vegetables and 1 cup water. Cook it covered on low-medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
Add coconut milk, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well everything and cook again for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, roast cashew and raisin in ghee and add this to the korma. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and your dish is ready to be served.