Nawabi Mixed Vegetable Gravy Recipe
Nawabi Mixed Vegetables Recipe is a mildly spiced and rich dish without the use of cream in it. It is quite flavourful and simple to cook. It is easy to prepare and has a very royal taste to it.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Gravy based recipes such as
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi)
- 1/4 cup Green beans (French Beans) , cut in one inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , cubed
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 to 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 Tomato , roughly chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , slit
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Ghee To grind to a smooth paste
- 8 to 10 Cashew nuts , blanched
- 1 Onion , blanched
- 1 Tomato
- 2 to 3 Garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
How to make Nawabi Mixed Vegetable Gravy Recipe
To begin making the Nawabi Mixed Vegetable Gravy, blanch the cashew nuts and onion in hot water for 2 minutes and drain it.
Grind the blanched cashew nuts and onion along with chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds to a smooth paste using very little water in a mixer grinder and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a wok/kadhai, add the whole spices including bay leaf, cloves and the cinnamon stick and let its flavour release into the ghee.
Add the sliced onion and sauté till it becomes golden brown.
Add the chopped tomato and slit green chilli and stir for a few minutes.
Now add the cut vegetables and mix well. Add the dry spice powders including coriander, chilli and garam masala powders and mix well.
Season with a little salt, add 1/2 cup of water and let the vegetables cook with the lid closed.
Once the vegetables are firmly cooked add the ground spice paste into the pan and stir well.
Check for the salt seasoning and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables incorporates well along into the gravy.