Paneer Shashlik Recipe
Soft and creamy marinated paneer with capsicum, tomatoes and onions skewers bakes to perfection. Make and serve Paneer Shashlik at your next party.
Paneer Shashlik Recipe is a great one-dish party food option when entertaining a crowd. Grilled paneer, served with loads of vegetables, a tangy spicy sauce, it can be enjoyed as a snack or as a main course dish too.
Paneer Shashlik has two methods of preparation. It can either be broiled in the oven or simply grilled in a grill pan on stove top, or an electric grill. Paneer and vegetables when mixed with curd, cream and spices, allows the marinade to seep in and provide an amazing depth of flavour
Serve this dish along with a Farm Fresh Vegetarian Pasta Salad and Methi Matar Pulao and Mint And Pomegranate Raita for a wholesome dinner either for your family or a party.
Try some of the other delicious one-dish party food options like
- 500 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped into large squares
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , (optional), chopped into large squares
- 1 Onion , chopped into big chunks
- 2 Tomatoes , pulp removed and chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped For Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 100 ml Fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 100 grams Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , paste
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour Other Ingredients
- Oil , as required
- Lemon juice , as required
- Onion , cut into rings (for garnish)
- Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely sliced cabbage (for garnish)
How to make Paneer Shashlik Recipe
To begin making the Paneer Shashlik Recipe, we will first marinade the paneer.
Mix together the ingredients listed under “For Marinade” in a large glass mixing bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together thoroughly. Add the paneer, capsicum. onions,tomatoes and coriander to the marinade.
Ensure that the vegetables and paneer are well coated with the marinade. Then cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Pre-heat the oven at 250 degrees C for 10 mins. And soak bamboo skewers in a bowl of water.
Take one bamboo skewer at a time and pierce in the marinated vegetables and paneer alternatively.
Place the skewers onto the wire grill tray and slide it on to the top rack position in the oven. Place a drip/crumb tray at the bottom to collect any juices that may fall off the skewers.
Set the oven to broil/roast/grill mode and allow the skewers to grill at 250 degrees C for 6-7 minutes, before basting with oil and lemon juice. Ensure that you turn the skewers every 2 minutes, carefully, using mittens, till they are evenly cooked on all sides.
Once evenly cooked, remove the tray from the oven and gently take the skewers out andserve.
Serve this dish along with a Farm Fresh Vegetarian Pasta Salad and Methi Matar Pulao for a wholesome dinner either for your family or a party.