Paneer Sizzler Recipe In Chilli Garlic Sauce With Rice
A good tasty sizzler is a hit with anyone. Try this fusion Indo Chinese sizzler recipe made with paneer , fresh vegetables and rice, topped with chili garlic sauce for your next party and wow your guests.
Paneer Sizzler Recipe In Chilli Garlic Sauce With Rice is a filling dish apt to be served as party food. This recipe has pan fried paneer cubes along with roasted vegetables and a spicy sauce that is rich in the garlic- tomato flavour. Adding rice to the sizzler makes this dish a complete meal by itself. Adding loads of seasonal vegetables makes this a wholesome and nutritious dish. You can also substitute Paneer with tofu if you like.
Here are a few more one pot dishes to savour
- Parsi Style Lagan Sara Istew Recipe
- Brown Rice & Quinoa Risotto Recipe
- Spinach And Feta Cheese Rotolo Recipe
- One-Pot Stove Top Lasagna Recipe
- If you do not have a sizzler pan, you can use a grill pan to make the sizzler.
- Line the grill pan with cabbage leaves and follow the above recipe
- While heating the sizzler pan, be extremely careful, especially while adding butter
- While assembling the sizzler pan, always keep the flame on low
- You can add a teaspoon of vinegar along with butter to help it sizzle more (This is an optional step)
For the Chilli Garlic Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped or grated
- 2 Blanched tomatoes , pureed
- 3 teaspoons Red Chilli sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Corn flour , mix with 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Mixed vegetables , chopped
- Salt , to taste For the Rice:
- 1 cup Basmati rice , soak for 30 minutes
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 5-6 Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped (adjust)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- Salt , to taste For roasted vegetables:
- 200 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed
- 1 Onion , diced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , diced & blanched
- 1 Tomato , deeseeded & diced
- 1/2 Cauliflower (gobi) , cut to florets & blanched
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn , blanched
- 7 Green beans (French Beans) , cut to 3 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , pounded
- Salt , to taste For garnish:
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
- Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , few leaves, keep soaked in cold water till use
- 1 teaspoon Butter (Salted)
How to make Paneer Sizzler Recipe In Chilli Garlic Sauce With Rice
To begin making the Paneer Sizzler Recipe In Chilli Garlic Sauce With Rice, we will first roast the vegetables
Heat a wide pan with oil and roast the paneer till it is golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and keep aside. Next in the same pan add the carrots, cauliflower, onions, green beans, salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes on high till they are nearly done. At this stage add the tomatoes and corn and saute till the vegetables are done and well roasted. They vegetables should still have a bite to them and yet be cooked.
Once done turn off the heat and keep them aside.
Heat a pan over low flame and add garlic.
Saute for 1-2 minutes or till the garlic is light brown and immediately add the chopped vegetables like the onions, carrots, green beans, green chillis and saute for three to four minutes till the vegetables are cooked.
Once the vegetables are cooked, add the tomato puree, sugar, salt and allow the mixture to cook for 3-4 minutes over low flame.
Now add water and the corn flour mixture.
Once the mixture thickens, switch off and garnish with some spring onion leaves.
Heat a pan with oil.
Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry for 1 minute over medium flame.
Add the chopped vegetables and give it a good mix.
Once the vegetables are cooked, add the rice , salt and mix well to combine.
Switch off and garnish
Grease the sizzler pan with butter.
Line the pan with cabbage leaves.
Place the pan on the gas stove over low heat.
As the sizzler pan is heating, arrange the roasted vegetables, and rice.
Heat the chilli garlic sauce and when the pan is screaming hot , pour it over the paneer and roasted vegetables.
Switch off the gas and add a 1/2 teaspoon of melted butter on the sides of the pan and this will help it to sizzle.
Carefully lift the sizzler pan and place it on the wooden board ( part of the sizzler pan) and serve it to your family.