Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe
A comforting pasta recipe that is creamy, delicious and has healthy goodness of vegetables. The pasta is flavoured with mixed dried Italian herbs, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. It is a delicious treat for the kids to enjoy as their Lunch or even as special weekend meal.
Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe is creamy, delicious and has healthy goodness of vegetables that is loaded into the pasta. Flavored with mixed dried Italian herbs, black pepper and dry red chilli flakes, this pasta dish is a treat to the taste buds and is ready within 30 minutes.
Serve Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe with Healthy Fresh Vegetable Salad Bowl with Sour Yogurt Dressing Recipe or any salad of your choice.
If you like this recipe, give try on different pastas like-
- Do not discard the water used to cook pasta. This starchy water can be used to thin the white sauce.
- Mushrooms, Baby corns, Peas, Carrots can be used in this recipe.
- 1 cup Penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt , to taste For White sauce:
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour , or maida
- 1-1/2 cup Milk , boiled & cooled
- 2 tablespoon Cheddar cheese , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Italian seasoning , to taste
- Red Chilli flakes , to taste
- Salt , to taste Other ingredients
- 3/4 cup Sweet corn
- 1 cup Broccoli , cut to florets
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- Red Chilli flakes , to taste
- Salt , to taste
How to make Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe
To prepare Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe, heat enough water in a saucepan , add salt and oil to it. Once the water boils add pasta and cook it uncovered until al dente (it is soft but firm) . Keep stirring in between.
Strain the cooked pasta through a colander and reserve 1 cup of the water in which the pasta is cooked. (this starchy water may be used further to thin the sauce)
In a sauce pan melt butter on a low flame and add flour to it. Roast the flour well for about a minute.
Add 1/2 of the boiled and cooled milk slowly, as you stir the flour continuously so that it blends well with the milk without forming lumps.
Now stir in remaining milk and allow the sauce to boil and thicken. Season it with black pepper powder, salt and chilly flakes. (be careful while adding salt as veggies and pasta also have salt).
Lastly add grated cheese, mix well and cook for a while and put off the flame. The white sauce is ready. If the sauce appears lumpy and thick, add hot water( we reserved in step 1 )to thin it. Allow the sauce to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
Meanwhile heat butter in another pan and add the boiled sweet corn kernels and other veggies and saute for 1-2 minutes. Season the veggies with salt and chilly flakes. Do not over cook the bell peppers and broccoli. Veggies give a nice crunch to the creamy pasta.
Add the sauteed vegetables to the white sauce and stir well. Lastly add boiled pasta to vegetables and white sauce and stir so that the pasta coats well with the sauce.
Serve Penne Pasta In White Sauce Recipe immediately Healthy Fresh Vegetable Salad Bowl with Sour Yogurt Dressing Recipe or any salad of your choice.