Pineapple Chicken Tikka Recipe
A easy starter that is made chicken coated well with tikka masala, skewered along with pineapple pieces and grilled.
Pineapple Chicken Tikka Recipe is a super easy starter that you can make quickly for any parties or just as a special starter for your brunch. The chicken is marinated with the strong flavors of Indian masala like red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and amchoor powder. Each chef and each region of North India brings out his or her own flavors into the chicken tikka. We have created a twist by combining with pineapple which is skewered along with chicken, cooked over a grill top pan.
If you are looking for more Chicken Recipes here are some :
- 200 grams Chicken breasts , cut into 1-½ inch in size
- 1 Pineapple , cut into triangles
- Sunflower Oil , for tossing Ingredients To Be Mixed Into A Marinade
- 1 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 3 cloves Garlic , ground to paste
- 1 inch Ginger , ground to paste
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) , powdered
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf) , roasted ground to powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 3/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Pineapple Chicken Tikka Recipe
To begin making the Pineapple Chicken Tikka Recipe, combine the yogurt and gram flour making a smooth paste. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the ginger, garlic, and kasuri methi leaves to make a coarse paste.
Add in the fennel seeds and ajwain and pound until blended. Add this to the yogurt mixture. Add in the remaining marinade ingredients into the yogurt mixture and stir to combine well.
Place the Chicken pieces & pineapple in a large bowl, add in the marinade and allow it to rest covered for about half an hour to one hour or even overnight.
Take a skewer and add chicken pieces and pineapple and line it up till the top. Do the same for the rest of the skewers.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat, add a little oil and place few marinated paneer skewer along with a little of the marinade on top.
Add a spoon of ghee or oil on the skewers. It will begin to smoke a little, reduce the heat to low and let it sit for about a minute on each side. Keep turning and cook evenly on all the side till it is charred. Leave the skewer for at least 10 minutes on the grill and serve hot.