This week we bring you a tasty and full of fiber and nutrition Diabetic Friendly Portion Control Meal Plate of Dhaba Style Green Moong Dal Makhani, Methi Sprouts salad, Cabbage Chana Dal Sabzi, Phulka & Curd. We have included serving suggestions to help you either lose weight or keep your weight in check and also make sure you get a balanced diet.
This meal plate is a great diabetic portion control meal plate as it has Dhaba Style Green Moong Dal Makhani which is made of high fiber green moong dal.
It is important to include fiber in your diet and we have added a cabbage and chana dal sabzi which helps keep your bowl system and your gut health in good condition. We have also added a Methi Sprout Salad which is a great diabetic friendly salad. Methi seeds helps improve blood sugar and not only that it has many other benefits like it improves digestive problems and cholesterol levels. Methi seeds also improves inflammation inside the body.
We have served these with a phukla and a bowl of curd.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements.
Total Calories: 400 calories approximately
- Dhaba Style Green Moong Dal Makhani- 1/2 katori
- Cabbage Chana Dal Sabzi- 1/2 katori
- Methi Sprouts- 1/2 katori
- Curd- 1 katori
1. Dhaba Style Green Moong Dal Recipe
Dhaba Style Green Moong Dal is a one pot slow cooked dal which is a high protein delicious dal made green moong dal. Made with Green Moong, flavoured with subtle Indian spices and simmered this dal is nutritious and tasty.
If you like this recipe, you can try other Dal Recipes which you can make for your everyday meals:
- Punjabi Dal Tadka Recipe - Punjabi Toor Dal Recipe
- Panchmel Dal Recipe (Rajasthani Dal)
- Rajasthani Dal Recipe
2. Cabbage Chana Dal Sabzi - Gobi Chana Dal Recipe
Cabbage Chana Dal Sabzi is a diabetic friendly recipe made of cabbage and channa dal cooked in simple spices and tadka. Cabbage is high fiber and is full of nutrition.
Try our other cabbage recipes
3. Methi Sprouts Salad Recipe - Healthy & Tasty Diabetic Snack
Methi Sprouts Salad Recipe is a great diabetic recipe which you can make as a side to your diabetic friendly meal or even have for snacks. Methi Sprouts are not as bitter as the methi seeds and peanuts and lemon enhances the flavour of this recipe.
Try some of our other favourite salad recipes
- Couscous Raw Mango Salad Recipe
- Grilled Winter Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Carrot Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon and Coriander Recipe
4. Phulka Recipe (Roti/Chapati) - Puffed Indian Bread
Replacing rice with a healthy phulka is better for people who have diabetes. You can include a multigrain roti as well.
Here are few multigrain roti options for you
- Multigrain Methi Thepla Recipe With Ragi & Whole Wheat
- Maharashtrian Multigrain Thalipeeth Recipe
- Bajra Kaddu Ki Roti Recipe - Bajra Pumpkin Roti Recipe
5. How To Make Homemade Yogurt (Curd)