Try out this healthy and high fiber portion control meal plate with Kela Matar ki Sabzi, No onion, no garlic Lobia Masala, Bajra Kaddu Ki Roti, Spiced Buttermilk and Pickled Onions. It is a simple yet delicious meal that one can cook on a everyday basis to make your meals healthy and light . You can exclude Pickled Onions to make this meal a Jain Meal.
No onion no garlic Lobia Masala is a healthy and tasty high protein masala curry made with roasted besan , masala powders and tamarind pulp. It is important to get the right amount of protein in your daily diet. Unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein, and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply. Our bodies need a modest amount of protein to function well. Extra protein doesn't give you extra strength.
Along with Lobia masala we have served Kela Matar ki Sabzi which again has high fiber and all the micronutrients required for your body. These two go well with Bajara Kaddu Ki roti which is made of healthy millet flour. Bajra is rich in magnesium and improves insulin response. To complete the meal we have made a refreshing spiced beetroot buttermilk.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements.
Below are the portion sizes of the meal.
Total Calories: 370 calories approximately
- Lobia Masala - 1 katori
- Kela Matar Ki Sabzi- 1/2 katori
- Bajra Kaddu Ki Roti - 1
- Spiced Buttermilk- 1 Glass
- Pickled Onions- 1 tablespoon
1. Kela Matar ki Sabzi Recipe
Kela Matar Ki Sabzi is a no onion, no garlic Sabzi recipe which is high in fiber and nutrition. Raw and steamed Bananas are tossed in cumin seeds and coriander and cumin powder to make them delicious.
Try our other Raw banana Recipes:
2. No Onion No Garlic Lobia Masala Recipe in Electric Pressure Cooker
No Onion No Garlic Lobia Masala Recipe is a simple and delicious Masala Curry that you can make in 15 minutes in a pressure cooker. Lobia Masala Is made with besan, dry spices and tamarind paste which makes this gravy unique and tasty.
Try our other lobia Recipes:
- Lobia Kebabs Recipe (Black Eyed Bean Patties)
- Beans And Carrot Masala Pulav With Black Eyed Beans Recipe
- Kerala Olan Recipe with Pumpkin and Black Eyed Beans
3. Bajra Kaddu Ki Roti Recipe
Bajra Kaddu Ki Roti is made with high fiber Bajra/ Millet Flour and Kaddu/ Red Pumpkin with ginger and green chilies, carom seeds and fresh coriander.
Try our other roti recipes:
- Makki Ki Roti Recipe ( A Spicy Corn Meal Flat Bread)
- Missi Roti Recipe (Spiced Gram Flour Flat Bread)
- Jolada Roti Recipe (Jowar Bhakri)
4. Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk Recipe
Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk is made with boiled beetroot mixed with yogurt, ginger and green chilies to make a perfect glass of buttermilk which goes well with this meal.
Try our other yogurt based drink recipes:
- Masala Chaas Recipe - Indian Spiced Buttermilk
- Quick Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Oats & Buttermilk Breakfast Porridge
5. Pickled Onions Recipe