A lip smacking meal put together to make this nutrition packed portion control meal plate. This plate consists of a creamy Nawabi Paneer Curry to be eaten with Phulkas along with sides of a carrot stir fry - Gajarachi Koshimbir, a root vegetable salad - Beetroot, Carrot & Radish Salad, and a Pumpkin Raita.
Eating the right amount of food and the right foods from the correct food groups, makes all the difference. Eating mindfully is yet another factor that adds to portion controlled intake of meals. Eating meals that are freshly cooked using seasonal produce is always a good idea. Eating produce that is locally grown in your region is yet another factor that contributes to eating right.
Ensure that the ingredients required to cook this meal are bought in advance and your meal is well planned.
Tips For Portion Control:
You can include a Quinoa or brown rice, instead of Phulka in this meal. Quinoa has a lot of protein and will add to the health quotient of the diet making this place wholesome and nutritious.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements.
Total Calories: 320 calories
- Nawabi Paneer - 1/2 katori
- Beetroot Salad - 1 katori
- Raita - 1 katori
- Carrot Koshimbir - 1/2 katori
Read the Guidelines for Healthy Eating Using Portion Control to incorporate healthy eating habits into your everyday lifestyle.
A rich and creamy, royal dish from the Hyderabadi cuisine is this Nawabi Paneer Curry made with a base of cashew nuts and coconut milk. Adding bell peppers and peas to the dish, make it all the more appetizing.
Try our other Paneer recipes:
A delicious stir fry of simple carrot cubes in a tadka made Maharashtrian style is this Gajarachi Koshimbir. Goes best with this meal for your bit of Vitamin A.
Try our other dry sabzi recipes:
- Bhoplya Cha Bharit Recipe – Maharashtrian Pumpkin Sabzi
- Khatta-Meetha Tamatar Sabzi Recipe - A Chutney Style Dry Sabzi
- Aloo Beetroot and Baby Corn Mixed Sabzi Recipe
A refreshing element on your plate that is jam packed with nutrients is this Beetroot Carrot and Radish salad with an added crunch of peanuts. dressed in simple salt and lemon juice that adds a dash of tang to this sweet root vegetable salad.
Try our other Salad recipes:
- Raw Mango Cucumber Salad Recipe with Roasted Peanuts
- Kachumber Salad Recipe With Cucumber, Onion & Tomatoes
- Moong Sprouts Salad with Grated Carrots & Coriander Recipe
A healthy combination of grated pumpkin and yogurt brought together to make this Pumpkin raita. The raita is seasoned with simple masalas found in ur kitchen.
Try our other Raita Recipes:
- Onion Raita Recipe - Pyaz Ka Raita Recipe
- Carrot Tadka Raita Recipe- Crunchy Grated Carrot In Yogurt
- Khajur And Pakora Raita Recipe - Dates Pakora Raita
Our Classic Indian Phulka, made by almost all households across India.