Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi Recipe (Bird Lime Stir Fry)
Rare dish traditional to Rajasthan with bird lime
Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi is very popularly made in almost all the households of the state. It is very easy to make and tastes delicious when served as a side six with your meal. It is best to make in those days when you are out of vegetables in your fridge.
Did you know- Gunde also know as Bird Lime is filled with Vitamins and helps in digestion. It also helps to fight cold, cough and various other problems related to throat. It is good for diabetic patients and helps to improve the skin texture.
You can also try other Rajasthani recipes such as
- 500 grams Gunde (bird lime)
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- Water , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few, finely chopped
How to make Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi Recipe (Bird Lime Stir Fry)
To begin making the Rajasthani Gunde Ki Sabzi, firstly boil the gunde in a saucepan with water, drain the water, remove the seeds and keep it aside to cool down for about an hour.
Once it is done, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and hing.
Let it cook for about a minute and then add the boiled gundas and mix it properly.
Next, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and the required salt. Give it a stir and let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
After 3 to 4 minutes, switch off the stove and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.