Rajasthani Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe
Pumpkin and potatoes cooked in Rajasthani style
Pumpkin is the most neglected vegetable, yet it is the most nutritional one. Pumpkin is known to have the highest amount of dietary fibre making it a super food to be included in our diets. It is also known to lower the blood pressure making it suitable for heart patients. Rajasthani Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi recipe is a spicy sweet and sour dish making it a perfect winter dish to be devoured.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Rajasthani recipes such as
- 500 grams Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin) , cut into cubes
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- Salt , to taste
How to make Rajasthani Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe
To begin making Rajasthani Kaddu aur Aloo Ki Subzi, boil the potatoes and cut into cubes and keep aside.
Likewise, peel the skin of the pumpkin and cut them into cubes and keep aside.
Now, heat oil in a pan in medium flame, add the mustard seeds and let it crackle.
To this add the asafoetida, dried red chillies, fennel and fenugreek seeds and let it splutter.
Add the cubes pumpkin and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.
Season with salt, sprinkle some water and let the pumpkin cook with the lid closed. This will tak around 5 minutes.
Once the pumpkin is cooked 3/4th, add the boiled potato cubes an mix well and cook in the open pan until the pumpkin is fully cooked yet firm.
Add the amchur powder, mix well and switch off the flame.