Rava Upma Recipe With Peanuts, Peas & Corn
A traditional upma recipe, made with Peanuts, Peas & Corn, to enhance its nutritive value, this Rava Upma Recipe With Peanuts, Peas & Corn is great to b served to your kids.
Rava Upma Recipe With Peanuts, Peas & Corn is a healthy, tasty and colorful dish. It is equally great for both breakfast or snack. It is nutritious, tasty and very easy to make. In this recipe roasted rava or semolina cooked with sauteed mix of vegetables, peanuts, curry leaves and lentils.
If you like this recipe, try our other South Indian breakfast favourites like
- 1 Cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 Green peas (Matar) , (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice , (adjust)
- Salt , to taste
- Red chilli powder , a pinch (optional)
- Coriander Powder (Dhania) , a pinch (optional)
- Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder) , a few (for garnish)
How to make Rava Upma Recipe With Peanuts, Peas & Corn
To prepare Rava Upma Recipe With Peanuts, Peas & Corn, heat non stick pan and dry roast the semolina on medium flame until it turns into a light brown in color and aromatic. Turn off the flameand keep aside in a bowl
Now in the same pan add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee and peanuts, roast them until they becomes crunchy and then take them out in a bowl.
In a saucepan, add 3 cups of water and let it come to rolling boil.
While the water is heating, heat the remaining ghee in a non stick pan and add mustard seeds into it. When mustard crackles, add cumin and urad dal in it. Saute them until they become light brown in color.
Now add onions and saute until it becomes translucent. Add curry leaves, green chilli, ginger and half quantity of peanuts and saute them for a minute.
Now add tomato and cook them for about 2 minutes or more until soft and cooked.
Then add all chopped vegetables, peas, corn and spices in it, mix well cover and cook them about 3 minutes or until cooked.
Add semolina mix it well and add hot water.
Stir continuously on low heat, after 2 or 3 minutes add remaining peanuts then cover and cook until semolina is cooked well and switch off flame.
Now add lemon juice and mix well.