Rock Toast Recipe - Semolina Bread Toast
Rock Toast Recipe a simple open toast with a topping of semolina, onions and capsicum. It can be served as a snack or breakfast.
Rock Toast is a quick fix toast that is a good vegetarian breakfast option or even an evening snack. The toast is topped with a mix of semolina, yogurt and onion-capsicum. and cooked to perfection, seasoned with the humble salt & pepper.
Take a look at some more Toast recipes:
- 1/2 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Onion powder , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil , for cooking the toast
How to make Rock Toast Recipe - Semolina Bread Toast
To begin making the Rock Toast, in a mixing bowl, combine semolina, yogurt, onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, green chilli, salt and pepper powder.
Adjust the topping mixture with a little water, making sure you get a spreadable consistency. Let it sit aside for about 5-7 minutes.
In the meanwhile, heat a griddle on medium flame, spread some oil.
Take a slice of bread, spread the semolina topping on it with a spoon and place the bread in a way that the topping is facing down on the griddle.
Cook this on medium-high heat for about three minutes and flip.
Remove from the tawa and serve hot.