Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe- Sabudana Rava Idli
Pillow soft idlis, made with a unique combination of Sabudana nd rava, this Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe can be served along with sambar and chutney for a comforting sunday breakfast.
Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe is an idli made with a combination of suji/semolina and sabakki/sabudana.
This delicious combinations gives us pillow soft idlis, that melt in the mouth.
They are quick and easy to make, that can ne served for breakfast or dinner.
Here are few more idli varieties which you can try at your home.
For Rava Idli basic mix
- 1 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 2 teaspoons Black Urad Dal (Split)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , torn
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Enos fruit salt , unlflavoured
- 1/4 cup Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)
- 1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , beaten
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil , to grease idli plates.
How to make Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe- Sabudana Rava Idli
To begin making the Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe, Soak sabakki/sabudana in enough water for 2 hours.
Strain the sabbakki/sabudana using a colander and squeeze the excess water out using your hands, do not worry if it crumbles slightly or loses its shape.
In a pan heat oil on medium flame, add mustard seeds and let it crackle, now add cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal and cashews and stir it around on a low flame until it turns golden
At this stage add hing, curry leaves, ginger and green chillies and fry for 2-3 minutes, ensuring the ingredients are thoroughly cooked.
This allows you to store the rava idli mix in an air tight container for future use. Add the rava and roast for 3-4 minutes and then turn off the flame.
Preheat the idli steamer with enough water. Grease the idli plates.
In a mixing bowl combine rava idli mix, strained sabakki/sabudana, coriander leaves, salt to taste and yogurt, enos and give it a good mix.
Adjust the consistency of the batter, to a thick dropping consistency.
Pour the batter into the cavity of the idli moulds and steam it for 12-15 minutes.
Drizzle some ghee and serve Sabbakki Rava Idli Recipe.