Savoury Yogurt Parfait Recipe
A glass filled with vegetables, nuts, sprouts, herbs and paired rightly with yogurt for a low-sugar, wholesome, savoury breakfast.
Savoury yogurt parfait is a simple no-cook recipe in which vegetables, nuts, sprouts, herbs, popped seeds/grains pair together appetizingly with yogurt. It is a great option for a low-sugar, wholesome, savoury breakfast or lunch or snack. Packed with nutrients beetroot, carrot, radish also add colour to this pretty layered dish.
You can use any other vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini etc. This is a basic recipe for building your own parfait. You can use popped grains/seeds, nuts, seeds, sprouts of your choice. Also, you can use readymade chaat masala/tzatziki mix/cajun mix to flavor the yogurt. Once the popped grains and seeds are added, the Savoury Yogurt Parfait Recipe needs to be consumed immediately for breakfast with your favorite Masala tea.
Browse for more parfait recipes here
- 1-1/2 cups Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 1 Beetroot , peeled and finely chopped (raw or parboiled)
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 Red Radish , chopped +couple of slices for garnish
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , chopped (you can also use basil/coriander)
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) , roasted and crushed
- 2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 4 tablespoons Green Moong Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Puffed Grains , Roasted jowar, makhane etc.
- 1-2 tablespoons Sunflower seeds , (or any other seeds of choice)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Savoury Yogurt Parfait Recipe
To begin making the Savoury Yogurt Parfait Recipe, first whisk together the yogurt with the herbs, cumin, pepper, ginger and salt (or any other seasoning you might want to use)
Place half of the chopped vegetables at the bottom of a glass.
Spread about a tablespoon of the yogurt over it.
Spread half of the peanuts, chana, sprouts over the yogurt.
Again spoon over a tablespoon or two of the yogurt.
Add the popped grains and seeds next.
Spoon over more yogurt.
Garnish with sunflower seeds, mint leaves, and sliced radish.
Repeat this with the rest of the ingredients in another glass.
Serve Savoury Yogurt Parfait Recipe for breakfast with your favorite Masala tea.
Giving up a lucrative career tinkering with Analytical equipments, Madhuli Ajay chose to tinker in her Food lab- developing new recipes & satisfying her culinary travel cravings. She has been sharing heirloom recipes on her blog 'My Foodcourt' for the past 9 yrs. Madhuli bakes to feed her soul. Testing recipes & photographing food for a cookbook, has fuelled her food photography passion. Based in the gorgeous 'Wine Capital' of India Nashik, Madhuli also loves spending time in her little kitchen garden.