South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts, Raw Mango Salad Recipe
South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts Raw Mango Salad Recipe is a delicious easy to make salad and can be served as a side dish along with your main meal or you can even have it by itself as an evening snack.
South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts Raw Mango Salad Recipe is dressed in a South Indian tadka with a twist of lemon. It is easy to make and can be served as a side dish or you can even have it on its own for a light dinner or as a snack.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Salad Recipes such as
- Feel free to add any vegetable of your choice like cucumbers, capsicum or bell pepper, onions, beetroot etc.
- Instead of chopping, carrots and mango can be grated and added.
- 1/2 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Mango (Raw) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 1/2 cup Cucumber , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coconut , grated
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste
- 2 teaspoons Fresh coconut , grated(optional) For tempering
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
How to make South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts, Raw Mango Salad Recipe
To begin making the South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts Raw Mango Recipe, we need to keep the sprouts ready.
For this we can either use store bought green moong sprouts, or we can learn How to make Sprouts at Home.
In a mixing bowl, combine chopped mangoes, grated carrots, green moong sprouts, green chilies and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Add salt to taste, lemon juice and grated coconut (optional). Give it a good stir.
The next step is to prepare the tempering. In a small saucepan, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
Mustard seeds will start to splutter and crackle. Now, add in the asafoetida and immediately remove from flame
Add this tempering to the mixed salad and toss well. Serve crunchy, spicy, healthy mango, sprouts and corn salad at room temperature or as I love it, slightly chilled.