Spicy Broken Wheat Khichdi With Vegetables Recipe
Spicy Broken Wheat Khichdi with Vegetables is a healthy preparation of broken wheat, vegetables and spices, cooked together in a single pot. It is a perfect recipe when you are in no mood of cooking and still wants to eat something healthy.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other khichdi recipes such as
- 1-1/2 cup Broken Wheat (Dalia/ Godumai Rava)
- Water , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic , minced
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- Ghee , as required
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 6 Curry leaves , roughly torn
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , cubed
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
How to make Spicy Broken Wheat Khichdi With Vegetables Recipe
To begin making the Broken Wheat Khichdi With Vegetables recipe, firstly heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaf, curry leaves, dry red chillies and cloves.
Once the mustard seeds splutter, add in the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute it for a few seconds on low flame.
Add in the onions and cook them till they turn translucent.
Once it is done add in the peas, carrots and potatoes. Let it cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
After 5 to 8 minutes, add in the tomatoes and the broken wheat. Add in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the required salt.
Cook it for 2 minutes and then add the required water. Cover it with a lid and cook it till the broken wheat and vegetables are cooked properly.
Once it is done, switch off the flame and garnish it with chopped coriander.