Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe
Spicy Crunchy Masala Idly recipe is an easy dish made from left over idlis flavored with bell peppers, mint leaves and coriander. They can be eaten either as an evening snack or for morning breakfast or even as an appetizer for the party.
Here are few more snack recipes to try
- 10 Idli , cut into strips
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 1 cup Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 cup Onions , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , to taste, finely chopped
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , to taste, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cooking oil
- Salt , to taste
How to make Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe
To prepare Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe, Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan and stir fry them until they are lightly crisp. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
In 2 teaspoons of oil the same pan; add in the onions, capsicum, green chillies and saute them on medium heat until tender. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add in the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir well. Saute until the tomatoes turn soft.
Finally stir in the tomato ketchup, the fried idli's the chopped coriander and mint leaves. Stir fry on high heat until well combined just for about a minute.
Turn off the heat and transfer the Spicy Crunchy Masala Idli Recipe to a serving bowl and serve hot topped with more date chutney or tomato ketchup.