Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
A delicious Mexican recipe
Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas is a delicious Mexican recipe where tortillas are stuffed with spinach and corn. I have also added some cottage cheese cubes to the filling to add some texture to the recipe. The addition of cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese makes the enchiladas an absolute treat. The enchilada sauce which is made with tomato and Mexican seasoning, adds delicious aromatic flavours to the dish.
Serve these Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas for your next get together with friends or make them when you feel like treating yourself and the family.
Other Mexican recipes that you can try are:
- 6 Tortillas For the Sauce:
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper For the Filling of Enchiladas:
- 21/2 Cups Spinach , Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet corn
- 6 Spring Onion Greens , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella cheese
How to make Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
To begin making the Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas, first make the tomato puree and keep it aside.
Saute the chopped Spinach and corn in olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes and add salt, Mexican seasoning, and red chili powder.
Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Lightly spray baking dish, and pour a small amount of the sauce to coat the bottom.
Generously fill tortillas with mixture, roll up tightly with ends tucked in, and place seam side down in dish. Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas, coating evenly.
Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top. Bake about 20 minutes, and garnish with coriander or green onions.
The Spinach And Cheese Enchiladas are now ready to be savoured!