Spinach Oats Vada Recipe
Spinach Oats Vada Recipe is a healthy twist to otherwise deep fried vada recipe. By adding the superfood "Spinach" and healthy oats, this is a simple recipe is shallow fried to avoid excess oil consumption. The taste negligibly differs in comparison to deep fried and is all healthy when shallow fried!
Take a look at more vada recipes to try during tea time
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , packed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal) , boiled, excess water drained and mashed
- 1 cup Instant Oats (Oatmeal)
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder , adjust
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Corn flour
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil , to shallow fry
How to make Spinach Oats Vada Recipe
To prepare Spinach Oats Vada Recipe, in a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients given for making vada and mix well. (spinach, oats, mashed boiled chana dal, corn flour and spices mentioned)
Shape them into thin patties and give an impression in the center.
Heat a pan with about a tablespoon oil and shallow fry the shaped vadas first on one side over medium flame, till they turn brown and crispy.
Flip the vadas and fry them on the other side till they turn light brown.
Drain them in a kitchen tissue.