UP Style Paneer In Mustard Gravy Recipe
The soft paneer is cooked in a mild yet flavourful mustard based gravy.
Paneer is a store house of proteins for the vegetarians and is loved by many. We cook many versions of Paneer in our households, right from butter masala, kofta, burji's to name a few. Paneer In Mustard Gravy is an unique recipe from the eastern U.P. region. The soft paneer is cooked in a mild yet flavourful mustard based gravy. It is simple to make with very few ingredients in hand. It pairs very well with the steamed rice.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paneer recipes such as
- 300 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cut into triangles
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato , thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped for garnish
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for the masala paste
- 2 tablespoons Yellow mustard seeds
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
How to make UP Style Paneer In Mustard Gravy Recipe
To begin making UP Style Paneer In Mustard Gravy Recipe, we start by making the masala paste by grinding together yellow mustard, green chillies and garlic to a smooth paste using a mixer grinder. Keep aside.
Heat the mustard oil in a wok, and let it smoke. Add the cumin seeds, let it splutter.
Add the sliced onion and saute until it turns translucent.
Once the onion turns translucent, add the tomato slices, coriander, cumin powder, pepper, turmeric powder and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
Next, addd the ground masala paste, 2 cups of water, season with salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, add in the paneer triangles, simmer for another 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
Garnish with the lemon juice, coriander leaves and serve hot.