Vegan Baingan Makhani Recipe (Eggplant In Rich Coconut Gravy)
This simple and delicious vegan eggplant recipes makes a perfect accompaniments with parathas.
The least favourable vegetable baingan or eggplants are made interesting by cooking it in a delicious and spicy curry. It is simple and makes for a perfect accompaniments with parathas. We have used coconut milk in this recipe, making it vegan friendly.The presence of antioxidants in eggplants keeps the arteries healthy and prevents heart attack. So, the next time you want to prepare eggplants in a different way, try this delicious recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Baingan recipes such as
- 400 grams Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) , long purple ones, cut into cubes
- 4 Tomatoes , blanched
- 5 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Powder
- 3 tablespoons Coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) , crushed
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , for garnish
- 1 Onion , sliced for garnish
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- Salt , to taste
How to make Vegan Baingan Makhani Recipe (Eggplant In Rich Coconut Gravy)
To begin making Baingan Makhani Recipe (Vegan), wash and cut the eggplants into cubes and keep it immersed in water until you cook, to avoid oxidation.
Blanch the tomatoes in enough water for 10 minutes and then remove the skin, make a smooth puree using a mixer grinder and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add the drained eggplants and saute until they cook to 3/4th and turn golden. Keep them aside.
In the same pan, add the bay leaf, chopped garlic and saute till golden.
Add the grated ginger, green chillies and tomato puree and saute for a minute.
Add the coriander, red chilli, garam masala powder and saute till the oil separates on the sides.
Add the cardamom, fennel powder and salt and simmer for a few more minutes.
Add a cup of water if it gets too thick and simmer for 10 minutes.
Now, add in the sauteed eggplants and simmer until they are cooked through.
Switch off the flame, add the kasuri methi, coconut cream and mix well.
Garnish with sliced onions, coriander leaves and serve hot.