Vegetable Biryani Recipe With Chatpata Aloo
Here is a delicious Vegetable Biryani Recipe With Chatpata Aloo recipe which is a great way to spice up your meal which you can serve along with a mirch ka salan and onion raita.
We Indians love biryani’s. Biryani originates originally in Persia and was introduced in India by the Arabs. Biryani is a rice dish with lots of flavours and textures, made with quite a few variants of rice. The key to a good biryani lies in good quality rice, fresh spices and ingredients and style of cooking. Vegetable Biryani Recipe With Chatpata Aloo is a way to spice up your biryani with shallow fried aloo.
If you like this recipe, you can also try our other biryani recipes such as
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 Onions
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 3 to 5 Green Chillies , (adjust)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 Red Yellow or Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , cut into julienne
- Ghee , to garnish For Spices:
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1/4 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- Salt , to taste For Chatpata aloo
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , chopped into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Lemon juice , from 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
How to make Vegetable Biryani Recipe With Chatpata Aloo
To begin making the Vegetable Biryani with Chatpata Aloo recipe, firstly soak the rice in water for 15 to 30 minutes. Temper all the spices mentioned under ‘For spices’ on dry heat for 2 to 3 minutes till the aroma starts to come, make sure to do this on low flame.
You can coarse ground the spices or leave them as it is.
Cut potatoes in chunks and dunk in cold water or freeze for 10 minutes (this makes them crispy).
Next take about a tablespoon of oil and bring it to high heat in a heavy bottomed pan or biryani handi.
Add potato chunks and pan sear till light golden. Take out on a kitchen paper towel to soak excess oil
Season with chat masala, salt, freshly ground pepper and lemon. Keep them aside.
Next in a heavy bottomed pan, add 2 tablespoon oil and bring to medium heat.
Add onions, chilli, ginger and garlic and sauté till onions become translucent.
Add bell peppers, carrots and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the tempered spices and cook for a minute or so.
Then add soaked rice along with water (1. 5inch height of water with good quality basmati is enough) in the same wok. Cover the wok and let it cook in steam.
Once completely cooked top it with chahtpatay aloo, lemon slice and slit chilli. Add ghee and fresh onion while serving.