Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe
Nasi Goreng is one of the best-known Indonesian fried rice dish. Traditionally, the recipe is made from previous day’s leftover rice, stir fried with a freshly made flavouring paste and topped with fried egg omelette and served with fried prawn crackers. Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe has added tofu as a substitute to omelette and can be served with lime flavoured nachos and Kachumber Salad Recipe. Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe is a complete meal in itself.
Here are a few more interesting recipes from Thai cuisine
This Contest Is In Association With Freshmenu
- 1 cup Cooked rice , or leftover
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 4-5 Garlic , pods, grated or minced
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 4-5 Shallots , chopped
- 1 Stock Celery , finely chopped
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , shredded
- 1/2 Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , head, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar) , with corn, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon , juice
- 2 tablespoon Red Chilli sauce
- 7-8 Tofu , cubes
- 8-10 Nachos , coarsely crushed
- Salt , to taste
- Parsley leaves , small bunch, chopped
How to make Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe
To prepare Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe, get prep with all the ingredients required. In a large wok, heat the oil and butter on medium to high heat.
Add red and green chillies, shallots, garlic, ginger and celery. Saute till 2-3 minutes.
Once it is done, then add in the carrots, capsicum, cabbage, corn and peas and fry on high heat until the vegetables are just tender (al dente).
Then add the cooked rice (Previous days rice works fantastic for this recipe), salt, all the spices - freshly ground black pepper powder, cumin/jeera powder, coriander/dhaniya powder and red chili sauce. Mix gently.
Once rice is well coated with the spices and sauce, add tofu pieces and lime juice. Stir gently and remove from the flame.
Just before serving, add crushed nacho chips to the rice.
Vegetarian Nasi Goreng Recipe is part of the The East Asian Recipe Contest With FreshMenu