Veggie Burger Recipe With Spinach Cauliflower And Oats Patty
Veggie Burger Recipe made with a healthy Spinach Cauliflower And Oats Patty, is a great way to camouflage these vegetables and include it in your family's diet.In association with Saffola Fit Foodie
The Veggie Burger With Spinach Cauliflower And Oats Patty is a wholesome burger that is packed with nutrition from cauliflower and protein from the oats and chickpeas. Unlike the regular burger patties, these are made along with spinach and other vegetables. A great way to consume oats, vegetables and chickpeas all in a tasty delicious way.
Other recipes that you can try are:
- 4 Burger buns , Whole wheat or multigrain
- 1/2 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 2 Tomatoes , thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced into rings
- 1 Iceberg lettuce , leave few, size of the buns
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ingredients for the patty
- 40 grams Instant Oats (Oatmeal) , masala coriander oats
- 50 grams Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , cooked
- 50 grams Spinach
- 100 grams Cauliflower (gobi)
- 100 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , crumbled
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Bread crumbs , whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil , per patty
How to make Veggie Burger Recipe With Spinach Cauliflower And Oats Patty
To make the Veggie Burger With Spinach Cauliflower And Oats Patty, we will first make the patty.
Powder the fennel and ajwain, coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
Into the food processor, add all the ingredients for the patty including -oats, chickpeas, spinach, cauliflower, paneer, ginger, gram flour, salt and pepper to taste, along with the fennel and ajwain. Pulse to make a dough like consistency of the patty mixture. If you find there are a few chunky pieces, you can let them be, as it will add to the texture of the patty.
Transfer the patty mixture to a large bowl. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. Grease your palms with a little oil and shape the patties into 4 large discs. Toss the shaped patties in the breadcrumbs and keep aside.
The next step is to cook the patty. Heat a skillet on medium heat.
Place the patties on the skillet, drizzle oil over each patty and cook it on both sides until browned and lightly crisp.
Make sure you cook the patties on low to medium heat so they cook evenly from the inside as well.
Once the patties our done, our final step is to assemble the burger
For the burger, we will first roast the red and green peppers.
Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok on medium heat, add the peppers and sauté them on medium heat until well cooked yet crunchy. Once the peppers are soft and roasted, keep them aside.
To assemble the burgers, cut the burger buns into half. You can toast the burgers in the oven with a little olive oil if you like it, or serve it as it is.
Place the bottom flat part of the bun on a flat surface. Place the roasted peppers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cooked patty, dollop of hung yogurt and finally cover it with the other half of the bun and your burger is ready.