Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe -Raw Mango Yogurt Pachadi
The Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe is a creamy and sour pachadi that has chunks of raw mango and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions.
Andhra Style Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe (Raw Mango Yogurt Chutney) is a creamy yogurt based chutney with sautéed raw mango pieces. The chutney has the right balance of sweet, sour and spice levels that is mellowed with the creamy yogurt. The pachadi is very famous among the people in Andhra Pradesh and is always accompanied with most of their meals.
If you are looking for more raw mango recipes here are some:
- Aam Ka Panna Recipe (Raw Mango Juice)
- Sweet and Spicy Raw Mango Chutney
- Pisarna Manga Recipe (Instant Raw Mango Pickle)
- 1 Mango (Raw) , chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 cup Pearl onions (Sambar Onions) , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi) To temper
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
How to make Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe -Raw Mango Yogurt Pachadi
To begin making the Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi, heat a kadai with oil, add mustard seeds and urad dal and allow it splutter for 10 seconds.
Add curry leaves, hing, dry red chillies and leave the curry leaves to crackle for 10 seconds.
Add chopped onions and green chilli and saute till the onions turn translucent.
Drop in the chopped raw mango and turmeric powder and saute them for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile take yogurt in a bowl and add little water and beat till it is thick and creamy.
Once the sautéed raw mango cools down add it into the yogurt and mix well. Check the Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe for salt and serve.