Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo
Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo is a lovely chaat made differently using the base of a multigrain bhakri topped with a delicious mixture of sprouts combined with potatoes, onions and tomatoes. Making it a great snack or a healthy party appetizer.In association with Nutralite
Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo is a delicious chaat recipe that can be served to your guests at tea time or even as an appetizer at dinner parties.
Healthy multigrain bhakri topped with a mixture of moong sprouts, potatoes, onions and tomatoes, tossed in green chutney and sweet chutney making it nice and chatpata.
Try our other Chaat Recipes:
For the Bhakris
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Jowar Flour (Sorghum)
- 2 tablespoons Nutralite Classic Spread
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) , or sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Pepper Corns , coarsely pounded
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- Salt , to taste For the Green Moong Sprouts and Aloo topping
- 1/2 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 2 Potato (Aloo) , boiled, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) ,
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- Achari Mayo
- 1/4 cup Boondi , masala boondi to garnish
How to make Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo
To begin making the Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo we will first make the bhakris.
*For the Bhakris:
To begin making the Bhakri, in a wide bowl, combine the wheat and jowar flour, Nutralite Classic Spread or Ghee, cumin seeds, ginger, red chilli powder and salt. Add water a little at a time and knead into very firm dough. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
Preheat an iron skillet on medium heat. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 4 inch diameter circle. Place the rolled dough on the heated skillet on medium heat.
Cook each rolled portion of the bhakri dough on both sides until golden brown, putting light pressure using a wooden press, so the insides cook evenly.
You will notice brown spots coming on very quickly if you your heat is very high.
So take care and cook it evenly on medium heat. Optionally, many families cook the Bhakri’s in Classic Spread to make it flakier. We like the bhakri to be crispy to make this chaat recipe.
*For the Green Moong Sprouts and Aloo topping:
You can use either store bought green moong sprouts or learn How to make Sprouts at Home.
In a mixing bowl, combine the green moong sprouts, potato,onion, tomato, green chutney, sweet chutney, chaat masala, cumin powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves and toss this well.
Place the bhakri in a serving platter, smear it with Nutralite Achari Mayo, top it with this Green Moong Sprouts and Aloo topping, garnish with khara boondi and serve immediately.
Serve this Bhakri Chaat Recipe With Green Moong Sprouts And Aloo along with Bhakarwadi Chaat, Boti Masala Chaat Recipe - Fryums Chaat Recipe, and Nippattu Masala Chaat Recipe- South Indian Style Chaat for an evening chaat party.